Home sellers are in an advantageous position this summer, with demand high and sales at their strongest in close to a decade home sellers are in the drivers seat. If you are planning to sell your home in the upcoming weeks? You have a good chance to get the most for your house before the home selling season’s up by making your home accessible to the buyers—with good and accurate information.
We believe every homebuyer wants to know as much as possible about the specific aspects of a home they’re considering purchasing—information that may seem premature to advertise initially, but could ultimately be determining factors in their decision to make an offer.
Some Key Questions a Buyer May Ask the Seller:
- The buyer always ask, how old is the home?
- When it was last renovated?
- The buyer would like to know how; old is the roof?
- What structures or fixtures are included in the list price? (Appliances, ceiling fans, lighting, shed, swing set, window treatments, etc.)
- What are the home’s annual costs? (Electric, municipal water, gas, oil, lawn care, pool maintenance, etc.)
- Has the home required asbestos, lead or mold removal?
- Has the home been tested for radon?
- How is the home heated and/or cooled?
- How old is the heating and/or cooling system?
- How old is the hot water heater?
- How old is the wiring? Is it up to code?
- If the home has a well, the buyer will ask; has the well water been tested?
- Is/was an oil tank buried on the property?
- Is there a septic system, cesspool or drywell?
- Are there any outstanding permits or liens on the property?
- What are the homeowner’s association fees? What is the move-in fee?
- What amenities or services are provided by the HOA?
Having these answers in the beginning of the buying process is an absolute necessity for today’s home buyer. When you work with our team at, www.buyorsellhamptonroads.com, we will provide this information as comprehensively as possible to our buyer client.
If you want to know what your home is worth, click on: http://buyorsellhamptonroads.com/home-value-analysis/
Bobby Fenner is a Full Time Realtor with over 30 years experience in the Virginia, Maryland and Washington, D.C. Real Estate Markets. He and his team of Real Estate Pros offer the highest level of service. If you’re buying or selling a Coastal Virginia home, call (757) 439-5779 or email [email protected] We’ll be happy to assist you in your move.